Established

May 17, 2002
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

New Year's Resolutions











Here are just a few random pictures I took yesterday. Tegan is now 4 months old...how time flies. He is my chunker that is for sure. At his 4 month appointment (12/28) he weighed 16 lbs 3 oz and was 25 1/4 inches long. Tyrus at 4 months was 14 lbs 9 oz and 25 1/2 inches long. Tegan is just a bigger kid, but eats way less than Tyrus did. It amazes me how different they are. Tyrus just loves his brother...a little too much at times. He always wants to kiss him and talk to him. Tegan is also sitting up, with help, and it such a giggler. It is so fun to have kids.
So I have a few New Year's Resolutions...which some say is super lame, cause really do you ever keep up on them. Well I am seriously going to try. One of them is to blog more. So I have tried to make it a reasonable amount...once a week. We will see how it goes.
Also I am trying to cook a new meal every day. A few months ago I cleaned out my cupboard full of recipes (what a mess) and I decided it is time to start trying some of them, cause if I don't like them, I am throwing them out, I am sick of the mess. I have found quite a few good ones. I think there has only been maybe one that I probably wouldn't do again. I have so many cookbooks it is insane.
The next one is to deep clean my whole house every six months. So it has began. On Saturday James and I cleaned the car and then cleaned one of our bathrooms. And when I say deep clean, I mean it. Like take everything out that is possible to take out and clean from ceiling to floor, including walls. I even washed the shower curtain.
I also want to scrapbook more. While my sister was out of school for Christmas she came over everyday and we scrapbooked. It was so fun. I am hoping to keep up on it better, since I am currently scrapbooking baby showers from before Tyrus was born. For my birthday I got tons of new stamp sets, so I am hoping that will get me to get going on it.
One goal that I am particularly excited about is going on a date with James once a week. Last week we went to see Blindside (good movie by the way). It was so great to get out. Tyrus got to play at his cousins house and he didn't want to leave (they didn't want him to go either). Tegan went with us, and was an angel, slept through the whole movie. So we will see what this week brings.
Another one I am excited about, is I am trying to grow closer to my Savior. James and I have been reading our scriptures every night for over a month, it has been so great. Some nights we talk and discuss scripture for hours. It has been such a great time to learn and grow.
Anyway...this is a super long post, sorry. It has been ages since I blogged. Thanks to everyone for the Christmas gifts, wishes and treats. We love you all.

2 comments:

Kristin Sokol said...

Good resoloutions. One of them should also be to come over here more often...We love to hang out with you guys. By the way....Steve has his Surgery scheduled with MD Finlayson. Thank James for encouraging him.

Andrea said...

It was so fun to play today! Thanks for everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!